by CATHY BROWN No:247 22 10 2021
Let's have some fun with some SPOOkTacular SHADOW PUPPeTS. I have been enjoying this session with the kiddos immensely. So you might like to have fun with it as well.
It feels very much like this now. I have been busy putting together online lessons that can be completed at home and also at school. What fun!! So the VirtualTeacher Youtube Channel is still exploding with even more online lessons and seminars. Check out the Online Seminars
You are welcome to use any of them for FREEEEE!
I am also updating my very large website - so all the links are fresh. The topics cover many things. I have loved the GOLD page And I am rediscovering some splendid things I had forgotton and also adding new discoveries.
Please let me know what you think as new pages are updated!!
Support VT it costs just $10.00 per year. Thanks in advance it helps a lot and covers the cost of hosting and distribution of the newsletter.
And send in your Impossible ideas.
HALLOWEEN SHADOW PUPPETS 🎃🦇👻🧛♀️ CREATE aHalloween Shadow Puppet play. Video your play. Use sound effects,onomatopoeia, (these can be audio effects in your editing program, orsound effects, you make yourself) music and video clip filters, tocreate your video.
Things you will need:-
- Torch, lamp light source.
- Shadow puppets pdf(or you may
like to make your own)
- Straws, sticks for shadow puppets.
- Story – A Really Really Scary Story or use the template in the .pdf to write your own scary story.
Shadow puppet theatre
This time we will use a light source(single LED torch), a white wall or light colour wall, and project the images onto the wall.
Or you can use the puppet theatre you made last time.
1. WATCH the Video A Really Really Scary Story
2. READ A Really Really Scary Story, you can write your own really scary storyif you would like. Use the template and WhatYouFindinaScaryStory.pdf
3. CUT OUT the characters and sticky tape them to straws, (or something similar)from the template. Or draw your own characters and cut them out.
4. SETUP your theatre. Follow the directions in the video. Or use the puppet theatre from last time.
5. SET up your camera position, so you see the shadows but not the shadow puppets.
6. PRACTICE your show. Write your dialogue, or you may wish to read the script andperform the actions. Practice with your puppets on the wall.
7. GATHER an audience and …..ACTION! Make sure that it’s comfortable and fun.TURN off all of the lights turn on the spotlight/torch, and be preparedfor lots of laughs along the way. The hearty applause that follows willshow that you’ve done a super job with your shadow puppet show.
8. FILM your story. Make sure you use landscape, make sure you use a loud clear voice.
9. UPLOAD your video to your google classroom. Just drag and drop from your desktop.
Don’t strike the set till you have checked the rushes.
Hold your shadow puppets flat against the screen, they are 2D( 2 dimensional).
QC (quality control) your video to make sure your effects are not too loud, and your voice can be heard.
I am still working on the upgrade on the the Virtual Teacher Website but have finished the Mind Candy. Check out "Here's to the Crazy ones" I still love it. I think there is a bit of Crazy in all of us. And to have fun with teaching you need to think differently.
Check out some of the STEM Tutorial Playlist videos
on the Virtual Teacher Youtube Channel
. these have been AMAZING during LOCKDOWN. Work can be set with Casual staff using them and also done at home by thw whole family.
Lately we have been loving doing KAHOOTS!
Setting the challanges so kiddos can work on them at home. And also using them as part of a zoom meeting. Start with the FREE version
so you can get the feel of it. Here's my HOWTO Video on how to make a KAHOOT!.
Simple easy and straight to the point. You will need to setup an account first.
This Newsletter is not free, despite the misleading advertising above. The Fee is now due. Each week you must help one colleague on the Internet who has less knowledge than you.Help that person even if you have to visit their classroom or do a little research and get back to them. Trust me, this will help a lot of people get their computer classrooms running better. OK I'm trusting you!!!
1. GOT SOMETHING TO SAY - Send in your Questions, Questions will be published with Answers, send in your Answers, if you have expertise to share.
2. NOMINATE A BRILLIANT SITE for review and inclusion in this newsletter.
3. NOMINATE A FANTASTIC SCHOOL WEBSITE site for review and inclusion in this newsletter.
4. MAKE CONTACT with other schools using fantastic programs.
5. WRITE and innovative article for this newsletter.
6. TELL 2 COLLEAGUES about this newsletter.
7. BECOME A VT SUPPORTER CLICK HERE
and keep a good thing going. Your name + a hyperlink if you, like will appear on our supporters list.(unless anonymity is requested)
Announce your support for innovation and change in Education.
The opinions expressed here are purely those of the editor, Cathy Brown. All other small print clauses apply. Such as: Use at your own risk. Nothing in life is guaranteed. If it doesn't work for you send an email or tweet me.
Editor: Cathy Brown email@example.com
Delivered FREE to your e-mail box. If you have been lucky enough to get this Newsletter from a friend, press this BUTTON to subscribe. And get your FREE FORTUNE COOKIE
Reach a growing audience of teachers, by advertising in the Virtual Teacher Newsletter or on the Virtual Teacher site. For more information goto Virtual Teacher Sponsors
or contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about inservice and training contact me at