No food or drink near the computers, wash your hands before using the computer, make sure they are dry.
Turning on the computer
1. Remove all covers.
2. Turn moniter on by pressing monitor power button.
3. Boot up computer from key at the top of the keyboard.
4. Leave Computer on all day, in sleep mode if not in use, or with screen saver operating.
Turning Off the Computer
1. Remove all floppy disks and CDs and empty trash.
2. Go to the Desktop, go to the 'Special" menu, click "Shut Down"
3. Turn Off Power to the Computer.
4. Cover computer.
a. Once a week rebuild the desktop
1. Hold down the option key and
the apple key when starting up the computer
until a window appears that says " Do you want to rebuild the desktop?"
2. Click OK and you can remove your fingers. (this tidies up and removes an
extraneous links that may have developed between programs and files).
b. Once a fortnight run Norton's
Disk Doctor. This disk is kept in the library.
1. Boot up the computer
2. Insert the Disk
3. Restart the computer and hold down the "C" key - until desktop rebuilds.
4. Open the Norton's utility Disk by clicking on it.
5. Click on the Disk Doctor.
6. Run Systems Check. If there are any faults, click on "fix all".
7. Go To defrag. Run Defrag program.
8. Reboot Computer.
9. Remove Norton's Utilities Disk.
a. Programs running slow.
Remove CDs or floppies in the computer while operating other programs.
b. Program Freeze in order of Use
1. Force Quit - press "option"+ "apple" + "escape" simultaneously. This will quit
out of current program.
2. Reboot Computer from Keyboard power button. Hold down for 5 secs.
3. Turn Off Computer at power wall socket(wait 10 seconds) then reboot.
4. Run Norton's Utilities as outlined above.
c. Eject Stuck CD
Restart or Turn on computer and hold down CD eject button from boot up.
d. Printer wont work
1. Got to Desktop Apple Menu,
2. select "chooser",
3. select correct printer
4. select printer port.
5. close "chooser" window.
General Trouble Shooting.
Check Power is turned on at wall socket.
Check Plugs are all in OK.
Check Printer paper.
Check Printer Inks.