- POPS goes Antartica?
This project is a good example of the ways in which scientists
- to answer questions. Scientists become
experts in a part of the natural world and its processes.
- In this case, Rebecca Dickhut is an expert
in Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) and the ways
- in which they move around the world. Hugh
Ducklow is an expert in picoplankton and in the
- Antarctic coastal ecosystem.
- Enchanted Learning Site
- Great Printouts and info - fantastic one stop shop on antartica.
Trek 88 years ago, Captain
Robert Falcon Scott organised an expedition to the Antarctic
- in the hope of being the first to reach
latitude 90 degrees South. In 1998 three expeditioners
- prepare their own expedition in the hope
of being the first to repeat Scott's journey.
- Pictures of Antarctica
a website all about Antarctica and the part Antarctica plays
in our global system of
- weather and climate and oceans and geology!
The GLACIER Web Site is
intended to introduce you to the Antarctic and the brave souls
who are investigating that vast,
- frozen continent. (for information related
Information on Antarctic
Expedition to the antarctic
Gander Academy -
antarctica - comprehensive resource
- Nasa Antarctica Site
- CIA - The Fact Book